By Office D.SHARP
Publish quality educational content that will help you to build a following and promote your expertise.
- What are you good at already, or committed to learning? Writing, making videos, talking to people on a podcast, etc?
- What content topics will be interesting for you as a creator, and interesting for your audience too?
It’s best to pick a niche that you’re knowledgeable and passionate about, and build from there.
- How will you break your longer content up into smaller pieces or repurpose to share on other platforms?
- How will you plan out your month and preparation process to avoid cramming before the publishing deadline?
- Who will you need to help you create this content?
- What equipment, programs or tools will you need to make this content?
- Once you’ve decided on a content type, which examples from other creators will you use for inspiration? Great artists steal!
Action items if you chose blogging.
- [ ] Create a blog page on your website.
- [ ] Write an outline of your post. What is the topic, headline, and major paragraph points or steps?
- [ ] Turn on your voice recorder and discuss your thoughts on each of the points. Speak your arguments aloud, taking your time.
- [ ] Send the recording to Rev.com and have in transcribed.
- [ ] Heavily edit the transcription to remove unnecessary fluff.
- [ ] Refine the text and improve sentence and paragraph structure.